If you are interested in beautifying your home or business, then a well decorated rooftop garden or balcony can really enhance the ambience of the house. The most interesting thing about rooftop gardens and balconies is that they are very versatile and can be used for a wide variety of purposes and even in different settings. A lot of people go in for various different styles, colours and materials that suit the ambience and style of their home or office.
A beautiful looking artificial vertical garden on your balcony will make your home feel very cozy and comfortable.
A roof assembly has more than one function. It may provide any or all of the following functions:
1. To shed water i.e., prevent water from standing on the roof surface. Water standing on the roof surface increases the live load on the roof structure, which is a safety issue. Standing water also contributes to premature deterioration of most roofing materials. Some roofing manufacturers’ warranties are rendered void due to standing water.
2. To protect the building interior from the effects of weather elements such as rain, wind, sun, heat and snow.
3. To provide thermal insulation. Most modern commercial/industrial roof assemblies incorporate insulation boards or batt insulation. In most cases, the International Building Code and International Residential Code establish the minimum R-value required within the roof assembly.
4. To perform for the expected service life. All standard roofing materials have established histories of their respective longevity, based on anecdotal evidence. Most roof materials will last long after the manufacturer’s warranty has expired, given adequate ongoing maintenance, and absent storm damage. Metal and tile roofs may last fifty years or more. Asphalt shingles may last 30-50 years. Coal tar built-up roofs may last forty or more years. Single-ply roofs may last twenty or more years.
5. Provide a desired, unblemished appearance. Some roofs are selected not only for the above functions, but also for aesthetics, similar to wall cladding. Premium prices are often paid for certain systems because of their attractive appearance and “curb appeal.”
Apart from that, it can also make a nice addition to the exterior of your home. In order to make your garden look very attractive, you need to take a few simple steps so that you can do this easily.
Here is a list of 5 ways to brighten up rooftop gardens and balconies.
If you have a water garden in your backyard then you should ensure that you always have the water source available. You should also keep a sprinkler installed at all times so that the water does not get stagnant. If you have a pool in your backyard then you need to maintain it properly. You also need to use it only when it is necessary. Also, you need to make sure that there are no kids around when you are using it.
These days many people prefer using decorative plants and flowers. You can try and grow some ornamental plants in order to decorate your outdoor areas. They are very attractive and you need not worry about them dying soon. There are several things that you need to keep in mind before you start planting your flowers. These include keeping them at the right distance from the house walls.
If you want your garden or balcony to look very colourful then you should consider having some various colors of trees. This will help you to enhance the overall appeal of your garden. Moreover, if you have some tall trees then you will have an option of using them for privacy purposes. You can also try and plant some exotic flowers so that you can create a very impressive landscaping.
If you have different colors of flowers and other types of plants then you can make use of them in different arrangements so that it looks very natural. These things will help you to make your garden look very beautiful and attractive. So next time when you are thinking of decorating your house, consider some of the tips mentioned here so that you can create an eye catching exterior decoration for your home.