With summer we always want to sit in the garden and our backyards during the night. To enjoy the cool air and the sounds of the night. But, to fully enjoy our garden at night, we need to make sure that we have lighting installed. Enjoying the yard and patio without the right lights isn’t the same. With these tips, you will be able to enjoy your summer garden lights in your backyard in the evening and when you have friends over for drinks. This is everything you need to remember about summer garden lighting installations.
A yard light or garden lantern is a free standing exterior light fixture in gardens and landscaped settings. They are usually illuminated by electricity, but occasionally natural gas., usually placed near an outdoor path or driveway to provide visibility in dark areas or areas that become dark at certain times. A solar lamp is operated by batteries charged by solar panels during the day.
Electric garden lanterns are usually controlled from inside a building by a wall switch, or by a photoelectric sensor attached to the lamp or nearby. Yard lamps intended to provide security lighting may be controlled by a motion sensor. Gas lanterns that burn continually may be prohibited by some jurisdiction’s greenhouse gas environmental regulations.
Yard lamps are weather resistant. Water penetration can extinguish the flame, shatter the bulb, or short circuit the wiring.
Understand why you want to add garden lighting fixtures to your backyard
Before you invest in any garden lighting fixtures, it’s important to understand your reasons for wanting to update your lighting.
Lighting is used to create a distinct mood or atmosphere, so the question is, what type of atmosphere do you wish to create? Perhaps you have your mind set on establishing a soft, romantic setting for those warm and sultry summer nights, in which case festoon lights are ideal, or maybe you have a bench or a shadowy backyard retreat that you wish to illuminate, helping to create a truly magical sanctuary. In this case, fairy lighting is your best bet. Whatever setting you wish to achieve, always consider your desired outcome before making your purchase.
A popular backyard lighting technique these days is to add panorama lighting fixtures to outline the borders of a backyard path or your swimming pool, if you have one. Other uses include highlighting your backyard water features such as a pond or fountain.
Consider these when you are adding garden lights to your garden
When you are choosing your lights, there are a couple of things that you need to consider. Things that you always need to add as well. To ensure that you are having the best garden at night. Make sure to contain the three primary styles of lighting: ambient, task, and accessory.
Beautiful ambient lighting can be achieved by placing a variety of lighting fixtures, including flood and wash lights, as well as wall lighting. Strip lighting is another popular trend and consists of pathway lighting fixtures. In addition to this, there’s deck lighting and security lighting. You can create a remarkable outdoor lighting area through the use of landscape kits and thoughtfully placed spotlights.
Lighting placement ideas
While outdoors lights can be placed wherever and however you wish, there are a few particular trends that you should definitely consider for own backyard. These include:
– Paths: A well-lit path is both welcoming and necessary, offering illumination that makes strolling through the garden a cozy experience. Brightly lit lighting isn’t always the preferred option, and downlights will help to prevent glare. Individually lit pavers can also be used to light a pathway.
– Entries: Place lighting either to each facet of a door or overhead at the front and at the sides of entryways.
– Driveway: Low-voltage landscape lights, that are typically less difficult to install and make use of light globes that are of a lower voltage than other kinds. These are a great alternative for lighting a driveway.
– Steps: it’s always important to ensure that your steps are well-lit at night, for safety reasons. You don’t your guests suffering a nasty fall due to lack of proper lighting.
– Decks or Patios: Lighting may be used to illuminate dark areas on a deck or patio. Such areas include an alfresco dining area or BBQ pit. As well as this, it’s important to light the railings and seating areas. Uplighting, which is often harder to achieve in an outdoor setting, can be used on a deck or patio to direct light upward on an umbrella or deck overhang for an angled effect.
Mixing garden lights with security lights
Another thing that you can consider is to mix the garden lights with security lights. You can still enjoy the lights if you are in the mood for an evening out in your garden. But, you can use the lights as security lights when you are indoors and someone is wandering around in your garden or trying to find their way into your home. With lights situated around your home, you can see what is going on around your home, without the thieves or intruders knowing it.
These are everything you need to know to make sure that you have the best lights during the summertime. Lights that will make sure that you enjoy your summer evenings in your backyard and that you make the most of the lights in your garden. If you’re keen to add a touch of magic and enchantment to your backyard but aren’t sure how to begin, get in touch with a decorative lighting specialist and help transform your backyard into a spectacular private haven.
Article Source: https://www.123articleonline.com/articles/1196680/lighting-tips-to-beautify-your-backyard