Digital publication trends reveal that a significant number of colleges and universities in India are partnering e publishing companies. Besides the ever-increasing cost of printing books, changes in lifestyle and study hours happen to be other possible reasons for this evolving pattern of education. As the economic viability of hard copies declines gradually, the demand for online academic content keeps growing. Reputed digital publishing companies have come up with impressive solutions for educators, students and academicians.
Digital learning is any type of learning that is accompanied by technology or by instructional practice that makes effective use of technology. It encompasses the application of a wide spectrum of practices including: blended and virtual learning.
Digital Learning is sometimes confused with online learning or e-learning, digital learning encompasses the aforementioned concepts.
A digital learning strategy may include any of or a combination of any of the following:
badging and gamification
mobile learning e.g. Mobile Phones, Laptops, Computers, iPads.
online learning (or e-learning)
open educational resources (OERs)
technology-enhanced teaching and learning
Through the use of mobile technologies, digital learning can be used whilst travelling as mobile technologies gives us this advantage.
Besides, incorporation of new technologies enables the publishers to repurpose, remix and reuse content curated for various purposes.
What are the prime benefits of digital learning?
In the academic publishing segment, digital learning has been picking up pace. Considering affordability and ease of use during distance education, schools, colleges and universities have been collaborating with reputed publishers for academic content. Going digital comes with several benefits for the academicians as well as students:
• Personalized learning: At times, the learners need to work on their weak areas. In this context, they would find personalized learning beneficial. Digitally published books come with review tools and study guides. Besides, established brands like Macmillan Publishers have been seamlessly working to deliver a personalized learning experience through apps and eBooks in various formats.
• Portability: The digitized era has witnessed changes in learning habits of students. Presently, many learners prefer studying through smart devices. Besides, mobile handsets can accommodate e-learning apps and eBooks in large numbers. Eventually, this portability factor fosters better education, as they can utilize their leisure hours, if necessary. No more carrying around loads of books physically!
• Flexible learning: It is amazingly easy to carry around digitally published books. Being flexible, they can be run on various devices as well. Most importantly, the education process becomes flexible. Learners also enjoy the advantage of focusing on certain modules, if needed. Besides, they can track their progress and assess their abilities on the go.
• Interactive learning: One of the best things about online publishing is the incorporation of multimedia elements. These interactive demonstrations foster a better learning experience among learners. Besides, it does away with the boredom associated with scanning through plain text.
• Additional resources: Apart from the core materials for eLearning, digital publishers also provide supplementary materials. If necessary, students can also get access to discussion boards. A single click can open up loads of resources for the learners.
Still wondering whether you should opt for digital publishing solutions ? Blending technology and research, the leading publishers have come up with wholesome academic content for different institutes. Flipping digital pages on smart devices, the learners can enjoy a seamless knowledge-acquisition process. Personalized learning remains a bonus for the aspirants.
What makes digital learning more effective?
Apart from the research and depth of academic materials, their presentation and format go a long way in enhancing the learning experience. Each learning block tends to be concise. Brief bursts of academic materials in the form of visuals, assessments and other interactive materials prove valuable for the aspirants. Most of these activities are self-contained, which makes it easier for the learners to digest the materials with a brief time span. Connecting all these elements together, the aspirants can benefit from a themed and comprehensive lesson.
This explains why global academic institutes are partnering some of the leading publication houses. You may reach out to one of these established brands like Macmillan Education to streamline the academic experience in your institute.
Article Source: https://www.123articleonline.com/articles/1198738/how-are-academic-publishers-leveraging-digital-learning