So far, 507 of the contacts have been quarantined and tested negative for Covid-19, the Department of Disease Control (DDC) announced on Wednesday.
The DJ, 37, tested positive on September 3 after serving a week at Bangkok’s Central Correctional Institute on a drugs charge.
Before that, he worked at several nightspots in Bangkok and lived at a condominium in Thung Kru district in the southwest of the city.
A Department of Disease Control Investigation Team led the operation to trace contacts of the infected man at 12 different locations around the city. All are being tested for the disease via the RT-PCR method.
The contacts, grouped according to their location, are as follows:
1. Six family members of the DJ (his wife, two children, sister-in-law, father-in-law, and mother-in-law) who are at high risk. All tested negative and have completed their quarantine.
2. 143 residents of Baan Suan Thon condominium where the DJ lived. All tested negative.
3. 492 people at the Criminal Court. Of 14 high-risk contacts, 11 tested negative, results for two are pending, and one is still being sought. Of 478 at low risk, 146 tested negative and two are awaiting results.
4. 6 low-risk contacts at the Correctional Institute hospital group, all in quarantine which ends on September 18.
5. 121 contacts at the Correctional Institution, divided into 85 prison officers (24 high-risk and 61 low-risk) and 36 inmates (one high-risk and 35 low-risk). The high-risk was released on bail before being traced and booked for test on September 16.
6. 8 inmates who shared a cell with the DJ at Bangkok Special Prison. All tested negative and have completed quarantine.
7. 38 contacts at Sam Wan Song Kuen pub on Rama III. Of five at high-risk and 33 at low-risk, 29 have so far tested negative and completed quarantine.
8. 60 contacts at Sam Wan Song Kuen pub on Rama V branch. Of 25 at high-risk and 35 at low-risk, all tested negative and completed quarantine.
9. 15 contacts at First Cafe on Khao San Road. Two at high-risk and 13 at low-risk tested negative and completed quarantine.
10. 112 low-risk contacts on Khao San Road, all tested negative.
11. 3 low-risk contacts from Sarasas Witaed Suksa school in Samut Prakan – a teacher and two school-gate screeners. All completed quarantine and tested negative.
In addition, the Big C store in Suksawat was cleared as an infection risk after security video showed no sign the DJ’s car was parked there during the possible infection period.
Of the 1,004 contacts, 570 have tested negative while the others are in home quarantine awaiting results of tests, the DDC said. The department urged people to continue wearing masks, maintain social distancing, and to avoid sharing their personal belongings.