Several digital marketing strategies to market a business online have been devised during increased digitization. With this, it becomes confusing to decide which marketing strategy to prioritize and test for later. Marketers should be well-aware of their business niche, product, target audience, and demographic before choosing any digital marketing strategy. A marketer should not waste time by risking and selecting the wrong plan. The ultimate goal is staying on top of marketing and lead generation activities.
NetMaticO shares a comprehensive guide about digital marketing strategies that will help a marketer boost sales, drive leads, increase customer engagement, and raise brand awareness in 2020 and beyond.
Digital marketing is the component of marketing that utilizes internet and online based digital technologies such as desktop computers, mobile phones and other digital media and platforms to promote products and services. Its development during the 1990s and 2000s, changed the way brands and businesses use technology for marketing. As digital platforms became increasingly incorporated into marketing plans and everyday life, and as people increasingly use digital devices instead of visiting physical shops, digital marketing campaigns have become prevalent, employing combinations of search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), content marketing, influencer marketing, content automation, campaign marketing, data-driven marketing, e-commerce marketing, social media marketing, social media optimization, e-mail direct marketing, display advertising, e–books, and optical disks and games have become commonplace. Digital marketing extends to non-Internet channels that provide digital media, such as television, mobile phones (SMS and MMS), callback, and on-hold mobile ring tones. The extension to non-Internet channels differentiates digital marketing from online marketing.
The most effective strategies
According to research, the most effective approach has been social media marketing, followed by content marketing with a small part of SEO.
By no means, some strategies work better than others as it is an ongoing trial and error process. A marketer’s focus should be on the brand and message coinciding with the comprehensive approach. NetMaticO shares some considerations while creating an effective campaign for your business
While working on a digital marketing strategy which is about testing, trying, and learning from errors, a marketer needs to be flexible with
• Changing according to trends
• Shifting SEO patterns
• Content Calendar and time for posting
• Platforms that work best for your niche (usually one or two)
• KPIs to measure and focus on
• Getting progress reports and discussing the shortfalls
If you work alone or in a small company, reach out and hire a consultant to help you understand the metric and redefine goals aligned to your target. A successful strategy would need to have someone adjusting and monitoring carefully and continue to find the gaps.
Understanding Your Customer
A customer can’t devise a digital marketing strategy without knowing the buyer and the reason they buy your product. It is essential to point out why a consumer buys your work while being socially, culturally, and politically connected.
Some powerful tactics that a marketer should follow:
• Defining the channels best fit for the demographics of the customers
• Speaking a customer’s language
• Understanding their pain points and digging deep into their sentiments
• Creating personas for each demographic to help oversee buying patterns
• Being culturally aware
• Incorporating influencer marketing
• Demonstrating real-time case studies for the product/service
• Using powerful automation tool for detailed targeting and audience segmentation
Using Content Marketing for lead generation
The best tried and tested method of generating leads is providing and distributing written content like blogs and articles across channels. A conversion automatically occurs when an offer is incorporated into a blog/article via a landing page.
Going Live and Using Audio
A marketer can establish authority by organizing in-person events, going live, and talking to people. The discussion doesn’t have to be formal. A conversational tone with people can mean a lot them, and if you have peers of the same field and city, you can plan a meetup to connect.
Focusing on Mobile
With the increased usage of mobile phone for reading a review, doing shopping, or interacting online, a marketer needs to make sure that mobile marketing strategy stays top-notch with user-interactivity
• Optimizing website for both desktop and mobile
• Using easy and clickable phone numbers, address, and call-to-action button
• Making sure you have a map which will direct a user to visit your physical shop
• Ensure quick loading and easy to use website
• Reviewing ads for social media
Using content to show authority and authenticity
Share the company’s value and mission by following a few tips
• Interact with customers by doing live videos. Customers like watching the behind-the-scenes of a shoot or product
• Use podcasting and written interviews that are SEO optimized to generate a conversational content
• Post your live and other videos on your website. You can even embed them in your ads to convert your customers more
• Use emotional appeal and tie it with storylines to build consumers’ trust
Report reviewing and analysis
To understand and redefine your goals and objectives, you need to
• Use KPIs to measure success and shortfalls of a campaign
• Setting up intervals to analyze, understand, measure, and then report
A marketer needs to align the purpose of the product before implementing any digital marketing strategy. It is mandatory to stay on top of social trends affecting customer demographics, benefits, and needs.
Article Source: https://www.123articleonline.com/articles/1197527/effective-digital-marketing-strategies-2020-a-comprehensive-how-to-guide