When water damage occurs in your home or commercial establishment in Savannah, GA it is important that you call a water damage restoration company that can handle all the proper water damage restoration processes.
Water damage can originate by different sources such as a broken dishwasher hose, a washing machine overflow, a dishwasher leakage, broken/leaking pipes, flood waters, groundwater seepage, building envelope failures (leaking roof, windows, doors, siding, etc.) and clogged toilets. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, 13.7% of all water used in the home today can be attributed to plumbing leaks. On average that is approximately 10,000 gallons of water per year wasted by leaks for each US home. A tiny, 1/8-inch crack in a pipe can release up to 250 gallons of water a day. According to Claims Magazine in August 2000, broken water pipes ranked second to hurricanes in terms of both the number of homes damaged and the amount of claims (on average $50,000 per insurance claim costs in the US. Experts suggest that homeowners inspect and replace worn pipe fittings and hose connections to all household appliances that use water at least once a year. This includes washing machines, dishwashers, kitchen sinks, and bathroom lavatories, refrigerator icemakers, water softeners, and humidifiers. A few US companies offer whole-house leak protection systems utilizing flow-based technologies. A number of insurance companies offer policyholders reduced rates for installing a whole-house leak protection system.
As far as insurance coverage is concerned, damage caused by surface water intrusion to the dwelling is considered flood damage and is normally excluded from coverage under traditional homeowners’ insurance. Surface water is water that enters the dwelling from the surface of the ground because of inundation or insufficient drainage and causes loss to the dwelling. Coverage for surface water intrusion to the dwelling would usually require a separate flood insurance policy.
What is Water Damage?
Water damage is a serious hazard and happens far more often than people think. It can strike a home at any time, resulting from any number of different problems, leaving the homeowner unsure of where to turn for water extraction and restoration.
Any leak, whether due to faulty plumbing, a leaky roof, or other issues, can cause structural damage which can continue to worsen over time if not properly treated.
Water damage can bring havoc and devastation to your properties like:
When left unattended for long time water can infiltrate into your personal belongings, appliances, walls, and floors.
You also have to watch out for contamination. This mostly happens after dealing with floodwater. Contaminated water is very dangerous for you and your family’s health.
Why Hire A Professional Water Damage Restoration Service?
- We at ServiceMaster of Savannah have the needed extraction equipment to deal with standing water.
- Our water damage restoration specialist has the right tools and equipment to handle any water damage.
- Flooding waters can penetrate cracks and holes you can’t see and a good assessment by ServiceMaster of Savannah can spot those holes and cracks.
- We have the needed equipment to properly extract water and start the drying process.
- We ensure that all the safety and proper water extraction procedures are followed so electrical outlets are dried properly before your power is turned back on.
Other than water and fire damage you can also trust us with:
- Carpet cleaning
- Mold remediation, and inspection
- Fire damage restoration services
- We are 24/7 ready to assist you and have our emergency response team to respond to your needs any time of the day.
Signs That Your Home Has Water Damage
Any water damage expert will tell you that the most important factor in determining the extent and costs of water damage is how quickly you are able to spot the damage and begin fixing it. Some signs of water damage are easy to spot, while others require a bit more of a trained eye. Still, if you suspect that there has been water damage, you should be on the lookout for the following signs
- Dark or wet spots on the wall or ceiling
- Drywall that begins to flake or crack
- Wet spots, drips or puddles around your pipes, sinks, toilets, taps, etc.
- A damp, musty or moldy smell that suddenly appears; there could also be a sewage smell coming from any plumbing fixtures
- Hearing water running even when all the fixtures are turned off
- A sudden increase in utility bills could be a sign of a hidden leak
- Suddenly feeling unusual dampness or humidity in the home
If your home has experienced water damage, it is important to know where to turn for water damage restoration so that the source of the water may be found and repaired, and the damaged fixed. ServiceMaster of Savannah has the knowledge, experience, and technology to help restore your home. We’ve been helping homeowners recover from water damage and guarantee your satisfaction when the job is done
Call the Experts Right Away When Damage Occurs
As soon as you discover water damage in your home or commercial space contact ServiceMaster of Savannah for repair and restoration. We will take care of your restoration and repair needs. Call us at 912.244.6966.
Article Source: https://www.123articleonline.com/articles/1195969/what-to-watch-out-for-when-water-damage-occurs